Monday, October 26, 2015

Masked Parade Writing

This week we wrote recounts about our experience at the Masked Parade last Friday.  Here is a selection of students' writing for you to enjoy!


On Friday it was the Masked Parade and we were Oompa Loompas.  At the Masked Parade I saw a white horse and a cool ferris wheel.  We had to wait but we got yummy popcorn!  The Masked Parade was so interesting I could have exploded.  We bounded down the street.  It was colourful and super sparkly and shiny.  It was so loud.  The Nayland Primary School won.
Kaitlyn


The Masked Parade was after school.  It was at 4.10pm.  We marched and marched in time.  In town I gave people high fives.  It was great.  At the Masked Parade we sang ‘I Want Candy’, ‘Lollipop’ and an Oompa-Loompa song.  There was a ferris wheel and a merry go round.  I saw my mum and dad.  There was even a rodeo for spectators.
Matthew

On Friday the Masked Parade was on.  There were lots of things.  It was in town.  I saw Zara, George and James.  I had frozen yoghurt.  I went on the ball and the merry go round.  I was an Oompa-Loompa.  I had popcorn.  It was fun being an Oompa-Loompa.  I went on the dance stage.  I did the splits.  It was fun on the dance stage, too.
Tom

Last Friday it was the Masked Parade.  It was the first time in my life to be in it!  The theme was Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  We were Oompa Loompas.  We sang “Oompa Loompa, doompadee dool.  We are the kids from Central School.  Oompa Loompa, doompadee deet.  Check out our costumes, don’t they look sweet.”  Then we bobbed down, then we popped up again and said, “Who’s got the Golden Ticket?”  The next song we sang was ‘I Want Candy’.  After that we sang ‘Lollipop, Lollipop. Oh Lollie Lollipop.’  We sang that three times. 
The crowds were cheering and everybody saw us.  After that we went to look at the ferris wheel.  It was very very very big.  We saw a merry go round.
Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment